Department of Agricultural Education
The philosophy of NCE
Agricultural program is tied with the national philosophy on Agriculture for self-reliance based on the provision of teachers endowed with a balanced approach between principles and practice of Agriculture for academic and vocational ends.
- The objectives of the program shall be:
- To prepare graduates with the right attitude and knowledge/professional competence in vocational agriculture
- To produce teachers who will be capable of motivating students to acquire interest and aptitude for agriculture.
- To develop in the student-teachers the appropriate communicative skills for effective transmission of agricultural information and skills to the students in the context of their environment.
- To equip the student-teachers with adequate knowledge and ability to establish and manage a model school farm effectively.
- To provide a sound background to enhance further academic and professional progression of the student-teachers.